This is the November 1943 issue, volume 7, number 9 of American Artist Magazine. This magazine has been one of the best resources for artists seeking inspiration and instruction since 1937. Henry Mattson is the featured artist in this issue. A photograph of Mattson by John Everts Bates is on the cover. Ernest W. Watson interviews Henry Mattson in this issue. A color reproduction of an oil painting by Mattson is also included.
- A Sculptor’s Views on Wood Carving by Maurice Glickman
- Canadian Silk Screen Prints
- The Woodcut Versus The Wood Engraving by Norman Kent
- Picking The Winners – Art Directors Club 22nd Annual by Leslie Norwood
- Mario Cooper—A Notable American Illustrator by Leslie Norwood
- The Amateur Page – Painting Support by Frederic Taubes
This magazine also contains several black-and-white illustrations, war advertisements by Koh-I-Noor, Winsor & Newton, Inc, and other advertisements by Strathmore Papers., Joseph Dixon Crucible Company., F. Weber Co., Higgins Ink Company.
This softcover magazine is used but in good condition. The front cover shows light soil. The back cover has tiny tear at corner. This magazine is clean and complete.
Title: American Artist
Publisher: Watson-Guptill Publications, Inc.
Place: New York
Date of Publication: November 1943
Number of Pages: 36
Dimensions: 8.25 x 11 inches