This is the November 1945 issue, Volume 9, Number 9 of American Artist Magazine. This magazine has been one of the best resources for artists seeking inspiration and instruction since 1937. A pencil drawing by illustrator, William Glackens, is on the cover.
- Ceramics by Ruby Lee Schiwetz by Glory H. Morris
Russell Cowles—An Interview by Ernest W. Watson
- “Autumn Wind” Color Reproduction of an Oil Painting by Russell Cowles
- The Graphic Art of Mary Cassatt by Una E. Johnson
- William Glackens—An Illustrator by Everett Shinn
- The Watercolor Page—Presenting Herbert Tschudy No. 3 in Series
- Taubes’ Page Questions and Answers
- “The Humble Home” Color Reproduction of a Watercolor by Frederic Whitaker
- Taubes’ Amateur Page—Mixing Gray Tones by Frederic Taubes
There are a few color and several black-and-white illustrations included in this issue. This magazine contains advertisements by the following: Arthur Brown & Bro., The American Crayon Co., American Artists’ Color Works, Inc., Higgins Ink Co., X-acto Crescent Products Co., The Rosenthal Co., Talens & Son, Strathmore Artist Papers & Boards, Hunt Pen Co., Inc., Winsor & Newton Inc., A.W. Faber Inc., Eagle Pencil Co., M. Grumbacher, General Pencil Company, Weldon Roberts Ribber Co., Esterbrook Pen Co., and Permanent Pigments.
This softcover magazine is used but in very good condition. The front and back covers are lightly soiled. There is a tiny crease on the lower corner of the back cover. This magazine is otherwise clean and complete.
Title: American Artist
Publisher: Watson-Guptill Publications, Inc.
Place: New York
Date of Publication: November 1945
Number of Pages: 44
Dimensions: 8.5 x 11.5 inches